All About April 16th
Holidays, Horoscope and History
Welcome to Time for the Holidays! Today we will discuss the history behind today’s daily holidays and observances, We will talk about the trias of ahoroscope sign Aries. And we will ist today’s historical evens, random trivia and famous birthdays.
April 16th Holidays
Every day has several holidays that most people don’t even know about! Here is today’s list of quirky holidays!
- Day of the Mushroom
Another fun day to celebrate delicious mushrooms! Check out mushroomcouncil.com.
- Foursquare Day
Today is an homage to Foursquare, a location-based social networking service that lets users “check in” to various eating and drinking establishments to let your friends know where you are and to so you can figure out where they are.
- National Eggs Benedict Day
Eggs Benedict consists of poached eggs with Hollandaise sauce and Canadian bacon or ham on English muffin halves. According to NationalDayCalendar there are two stories on why today is National Eggs Benedict Day:
* In 1894 stockbroker Lemuel Benedict ordered “buttered toast, poached eggs, crisp bacon, and a side of Hollandaise” at the Waldorf Hotel. They were so impressed with the dish that they put it on the menu, substituting ham and English muffins in place of the bacon and toast.
* In the early 18th century, Pope Benedict XIII liked an egg dish so much that he requested it time and time again. Many believe that Pope Benedict XIII had an illness that added to his desire for this particular egg dish, hence the name Eggs Benedict.
- National Healthcare Decisions Day
National Healthcare Decisions Day exists to inspire, educate and empower the public and providers about the importance of advance care planning. Check out the Conversation Project.
- National Librarian Day
National Librarian Day celebrates and honors librarians. Librarians do so much as a public service, from organizing books, to having Storytime for children, to helping college kids find what they need. There is so much involved, so thank your local Librarian today.
- National Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day
In 2004, Pajamagram launched a campaign celebrating Wear Your Pajamas to Work Day as a reward for the late nights working on taxes. So take advantage and and wear your jammies to work today!
- Save The Elephant Day
The mission of Save the Elephant Day is to secure a future for elephants and to sustain the beauty and ecological integrity of the places they live; to promote man’s delight in their intelligence and the diversity of their world, and to develop a tolerant relationship between the two species. Learn more about this day at savetheelephants.org.
- Teach Your Daughter to Volunteer Day
Today is a great day to take your daughter with you to volunteer at a church, a food pantry or just teach her to do something nice today for someone else. Giving helps both the person receiving and the person giving. Of course, we say don’t stop with your daughter, teach your son the same lessons. Read this sweet story about a mother teaching her daughter about volunteering at parent.com.
Zodiac Sign for April 16th is Aries
- If you were born today on April 16th then you are an Aries.
- your personality is defined by your fun loving, optimistic and generous nature.
- You love new experiences
- Time period: March 20 – April 20
- Element: Fire
- Ruling planet: Mars
- Symbol: Ram
- Zodiac quality: Cardinal
- Birthstones: Topaz, Heliotrope, Sapphire, Jasper, Aquamarine, Diamond
- Famous Aries: Lady Gaga, Hugh Hefner, Jackie Chan, Leonard Da Vinci
April 16th Trivia
A list of today’s historical events, famous birthdays, pop songs and movies.
- 1818 – The US Senate ratifies the Rush–Bagot Treaty, establishing the border with Canada.
- 1881 – Bat Masterson fights his last gun battle In Dodge City, Kansas,
- 1889 – Charlie Chaplin, English Comic and actor was born in Walworth, London, United Kingdom.
- 1908 – Natural Bridges National Monument is established in Utah.
- 1919 – Mahatma Gandhi organizes a day of “prayer and fasting” after the killing of Indian protesters in the Jallianwala Bagh massacre by the British colonial troops.
- 1940 – Queen Margrethe II of Denmark was born.
- 1941 – The Italian-German Tarigo convoy is attacked and destroyed by British ships in World War II.
- 1947 – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, American basketball player was born in New York, NY.
- 1954 – Ellen Barkin, American actress was born in The Bronx, New York, NY.
- 1965 – Martin Lawrence, Comedian was born in Frankfurt, Germany.
- 1971 – Selena, American singer-songwriter was born in Lake Jackson, TX.
- 1990 – “Doctor Death”, Jack Kevorkian, participates in his first assisted suicide.
- 2015 – News reporting that Ex-NFL star Aaron Hernandez convicted of first-degree murder.
- 2018 – Harry Laverne Anderson, actor and magician best know for playing Judge Harry Stone on the television series Night Court passed away.