February 10th Holidays, Observances and Trivia
Happy February 10th everybody! You may ask what is so special about February 10th? Well take a look at the holidays below and see if there is anything that grabs your attention!
February 10th Holidays
- National Cream Cheese Brownie Day
Today on February 10th we celebrate cream cheese brownies so here is a recipe to help you get started! https://www.spendwithpennies.com/cream-cheese-brownies/
- National Flannel Day
Today on February 10th you are encouraged to pull out your favorite flannel and bundle up as February is just way too cold!
- Plimsoll Day
February 10th celebrates a 19th century politician and ‘Sailor’s Friend’ Samuel Plimsoll, it’s a chance to remember his great campaign to save and improve seafarers’ lives. Learn more at https://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/stories/its-plimsoll-day-and-were-talking-about-ships-not-shoes.
- Teddy Day
Teddy Bear falls on February 10th during Valentine’s Week. It’s to remind you to pick out a cute furry friend for your honey.
- Umbrella Day
Today on February 10th we celebrate umbrellas. These wonderful gadgets that keep us warm and dry during stormy days! You can learn more about umbrella history here: https://bladenonline.com/national-umbrella-day-february-10/.
Fun Memes to Share!
February 10th Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean.
February 10th Trivia
- 1870 – The YWCA is founded in New York City.
- 1928 – The #1 movie is, “Sadie Thompson.”
- 1930 – Robert Wagner, American actor was born in Detroit, MI.
- 1933 – In round 13 of a boxing match at New York City’s Madison Square Garden, Primo Carnera knocks out Ernie Schaaf, who died four days later.
- 1940 – Tom and Jerry make their debut with Puss Gets the Boot.
- 1951 – The #1 movie was, “At War with the Army. starring Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis”
- 1961 – George Stephanopoulos, Former White House Communications Director, correspondent for ABC News, a co-anchor of Good Morning America, and the host of ABC’s Sunday morning was born in Fall River, MA.
- 1964 – Glenn Beck is an American conservative political commentator, was born in Everett, WA.
- 1965 – The #1 movie was, “My Fair Lady,” starring Rex Harrison and Audrey Hepburn.
- 1966 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “We can Work it Out,” by The Beatles.
- 1967 – The 25th Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified.
- 1967 – Laura Dern, American actress was born in Los Angeles, CA.
- 1971 – The #1 movie was, “The Exorcist.“
- 1986 – The #1 movie was, “Down and Out in Beverly Hills.”
- 1987 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Walk like an Egyptian,” by The Bangles.
- 1989 – Ron Brown is elected chairman of the Democratic National Committee becoming the first African American to lead a major American political party.
- 1991 – Emma Roberts, American actress was born.
- 1997 – The #1 movie was, “Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back.”
- 1997 – Chloë Grace Moretz, American actress was born.
- 2004 – Kanye West releases his first album, The College Dropout.
- 2007 – Then Illinois senator Barack Obama announces his candidacy for president in the 2008 elections.
- 2007 – The #1 movie was, “Norbit.“
- 2007 – The #1 song on the Adult Top 40 Billboard was, “How to Save a Life,” by The Fray.
- 2011 – The #1 movie was, “Just go with it.”
- 2016 – The #1 song on the Hot Country Songs Billboard was, “Die A Happy Man,” by Thomas Rhett.
- 2017 – The #1 movie was M. Night Shyamalan’s, “Split.”