Everyday there are several lesser known holidays to celebrate! We will try to remind you daily of all the different holidays for you to learn about and celebrate!
Today’s holiday list:
- Car Keys and Small Change Day
This holiday is to celebrate all the fun little stuff you collect in your pockets!
- Floral Design Day
Floral Design Day was created to celebrate the birthday of Carl Rittner, the founder of the Rittners School of Floral Design in Boston over 60 years ago.
- National Chocolate Soufflé Day
#ChocolateSouffleDay Celebrate by trying one of these yummy recipes! Chocolate Souffle by Martha Stewart Chocolate Souffle by Epicurious
- National Public Sleeping Day
So for whatever reason, today it’s supposed to be ok to sleep on a bench, on the train, on the bus or at a park! Sweet dreams all!
- National Science Day
National Science Day is celebrated in India on 28 February each year to mark the discovery of three Raman effect by Indian physicist Sir Chandrashekhara Venkata Raman on 28 February 1928 for which he was rewarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1930.
- National Tooth Fairy Day
The Tooth Fairy is an American tradition with European and superstitious roots. It was started to comfort a child after the scary experience of losing a tooth. Today we celebrate her.
February 28th Horoscope is Pisces
Time period: February 19 – March 20
Ruling planet: Neptune
Sign ruler: Neptune, Jupiter
Colors: Mauve, Lilac, Purple, Violet, Sea green
Best Partner Compatibility: Virgo, Taurus
Lucky Numbers: 3, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24
Traits: Emphatic, sensitive, truthful, compassionate, artistic, musical, spiritual. Also can be sad, a martyr, too trusting.
February 28th Trivia
- 1935 – DuPont scientist Wallace Carothers invented nylon.
- 1940 – Basketball is televised for the first time (Fordham University vs. the University of Pittsburgh in Madison Square Garden).
- 1955 – Gilbert Gottfried, American comedian, actor, and singer was born in Brooklyn, New York City, NY.
- 1959 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Stagger Lee, ‘ by Lloyd Price.
- 1985 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Careless Whisper,” by Wham! Featuring George Michael.
- 1970 – Bernadette Peters, American actress was born in Ozone Park, New York City, NY
- 1991 – The first Gulf War ended.
- 2007 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Wanna Be,” by The Spice Girls.
- 2004 – Over one million Taiwanese participating in the 228 Hand-in-Hand rally form a 500-kilometre (310 mi) long human chain to commemorate the February 28 Incident in 1947.
- 2009 – Paul Harvey, American radio host passed away.
- 2016 – Russian coal mine accident kills 36.
- 2017 – Trump wants to hire 5,000 more border control guards.
- 2017 – The #1 movie was, “Get Out.“
- 2018 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “God’s Plan,” by Drake.
- 2019 – Katherine Helmond, known for playing the Tate matriarch on the 1970s comedy Soap and later starred on Who’s the Boss? died February 28 of Alzheimer’s complications at her home in Los Angeles.