February 3rd Holidays, Observances and Trivia
Welcome to Time for the Holidays! Each day if full of holidays and observances that most people don’t even know exist! Check out what falls on today, February 3rd and see if there is anything you would like to celebrate today! Whether you want to celebrate Elmo’s birthday with your children or have carrot cake for dessert, we hope you find something fun to do!
- American Painters Day
- Elmo’s Birthday
- Four Chaplains Memorial Day
- National Carrot Cake Day
- National Cordova Ice Worm Day
- National Missing Persons Day
- National Patient Recognition Day
- National Wedding Ring Day
- National Women Physicians Day
- Take a Cruise Day
- Take Your Child to the Library Day
- The Day the Music Died
Fun Memes to Share
February 3rd Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean, Harry Styles, Clark Gable.Muscat, Oman.
February 3rd Trivia
A list of historical events, new inventions, world records, celebrity birthdays and other random trivia.
- 1690 – The colony of Massachusetts issues the first paper money in the Americas.
- 1809 – The Territory of Illinois is created by the 10th United States Congress.
- 1870 – The Fifteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, guaranteeing voting rights to male citizens regardless of race.
- 1913 – The Sixteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution is ratified, authorizing the Federal government to impose and collect an income tax.
- 1913 – The #1 movie was, “Cleopatra,” starring Helen Gardner.
- 1918 – The Twin Peaks Tunnel in San Francisco, California begins service as the longest streetcar tunnel in the world at 11,920 feet long.
- 1922 – The #1 movie was, “The Wonderful Thing,” starring Lillian & Dorothy Gish.
- 1931 – The #1 movie was, “City Lights,” starring Charlie Chaplin.
- 1931 – The Hawke’s Bay earthquake, New Zealand’s worst natural disaster, killing 258 people.
- 1943 – Blythe Danner, American actress was born in Philadelphia, PA.
- 1944 – The #1 movie was, “Destination Tokyo.”
- 1950 – Morgan Fairchild, American actress was born in Dallas, TX.
- 1953 – The #1 movie was, “The Bad and the Beautiful.“
- 1961 – The #1 movie was, “One Hundred and One Dalmatians,”
- 1961 – The United States Air Forces begins Operation Looking Glass.
- 1972 – The #1 song was, “American Pie (Parts I & II),” by Don McLean.
- 1972 – The first day of the seven-day 1972 Iran blizzard,, which would kill at least 4,000 people, making it the deadliest snowstorm in history.
- 1973 – The #1 movie was, “The Poseidon Adventure.”
- 1976 – Isla Fisher, Australian Actress was born in Muscat, Oman.
- 1980 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Rock With You,” by Michael Jackson.
- 1983 – The #1 movie was, “Tootsie,” starring Dustin Hoffman.
- 1984 – John Buster and the research team at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center announce history’s first embryo transfer, from one woman to another resulting in a live birth.
- 1984 – Space Shuttle program: STS-41-B is launched using Space Shuttle Challenger.
- 1985 – The #1 song was, “I Want To Know What Love Is,” by Foreigner.
- 1990 – Sean Kingston, American-Jamaican singer was born in MIami, FL.
- 1991 – The movie, Home Alone,” was the #1 movie.
- 1995 – The #1 song was, “Creep,” by TLC.
- 1995 – Astronaut Eileen Collins becomes the first woman to pilot the Space Shuttle.
- 2010 -The #1 movie was, “Dear John,” starring Channing Tatum.
- 2021 – A Memorial service is held at the US Capitol for Capitol Police Officer Brian Sicknick, who died after being injured in the Jan. 6 insurrection attack at the US capitol. [MSNBC]
Click a Date to See More Holidays!