National Brownie Day
Who in their right mind does not love brownies? Best dessert ever! Warm, chewy chocolatey squares, yum! And today we are called upon to celebrate them! So let’s take the plunge!
Some Brownie Trivia for you
- No one really knows where brownies came from. There are several theories from a housewife not having baking powder to a chef forgetting to add flour to his cake mix. No one really knows for sure.
- The classic brownie consists of 5 ingredients: butter, sugar, chocolate, eggs, and flour.
- Chocolate-free brownies are called blondies. But why on earth would anyone get rid of chocolate!?
- Brownies have their own holiday, which is December 8th.
- The largest brownie weighed 234 lb 3 oz and was achieved by Something Sweet Bake Shop in Daphne, Alabama, USA, on 12 September 2013 and is in the Guinness Book of World Records.
Here are some Brownie Recipes for you to try out!
- Best Homemade Brownies by Love & Lemons
- Easy Fudge Brownies from Scratch by Inspired Taste
- Best Brownies by AllRecipes
- German Chocolate Brownies by Celebrating Sweets
- World’s Best Fudgiest Brownies by Cafe Delites
- Classic Fudge-Walnut Brownies by MyRecipes
- Philadelphia Marble Brownies by AllRecipes
- Best Blonde Brownie Recipe by Sugar Spun Run