National Chocolate Milkshake Day
Well here is a holiday I don’t think anyone would refuse to celebrate! Happy Chocolate Milkshake Day to all of you and we hope you can fit one into your busy schedule today!
There’s just something so nostalgic about a milkshake. Whether you are picturing a Norman Rockwell with a couple sitting at a diner, or reminiscing on Jughead and Betty sipping on their milkshakes on Riverdale, or maybe you have your own special memory. Mine is my dad would surprise us after Sunday School by driving a half hour away to the nearest McDonalds to get chocolate milkshakes. Oh and those really vintage awesome retro signs with shakes, so darn cute.
Some fun Milkshake Trivia
- Most Expensive Milkshake: The LUXE Milkshake costs $100. It and was first bought by a social media influencer, Benjamin Liong Setiawan, in New York City back in 2018 and is in the Guinness World Records. The Luxe milkshake is served up in a crystal-studded milkshake glass covered in 3,000 Swarovski crystals. As far as the ingredients, this shake is made with Jersey milk from cows bred in the Channel Islands, Tahitian vanilla ice cream sourced from premium slow-grown, sun-cured vanilla beans, Devonshire clotted cream that’s heated until the golden cream rises to the surface. Next throw in some Madagascar vanilla beans and 23-karat edible gold. And last but not least, top it off with some whipped cream made from grass-fed cream infused with vanilla simple syrup and Le Cremose Baldizzone, donkey caramel sauce. If you are interested in trying this, head to Serendipity 3 in New York City.
- Weirdest Flavored Milkshakes: Bacon, Barbecue Chicken Wings, Sweet Potatoes, Beer and McNuggetini are all real milkshake flavors.
- Largest Milkshake: According to BBC News, Farmers in Staffordshire claim to have created the world’s largest milkshake with their 1,000-litre strawberry milkshake that they made at the Staffordshire County Show. This milkshake had a cause and was made to raise awareness about falling milk prices paid to farmers.
- Another, Largest Milkshake: The Comfort Diners, Parmalat USA, and the American Dairy Association made the world’s largest milkshake with a volume of 6,000 US gal. in New York, USA on 1 August 2000.
- Most Varieties goes to: Cape Town’s Gibson’s Gourmet Burgers and Ribs which holds the Guinness World Record for ‘Most Varieties of Milkshakes Commercially Available’. As of writing this article they have 207 varieties on their menu.
- Fastest Drinking of a Milkshake: The world record for the fastest time to drink 500ml milkshake through a straw is 9.8 seconds by Osi Anyanwu (UK) on The Paul O’Grady Show, at The London Studios, UK on 9 November 2005.
- Fastest Drinking of a Milkshake while holding a Shake Weight: Naader Reda drank a large McDonald’s milkshake in 40.60 seconds while operating a Shake Weight. The man’s got skills. Don’t want to know how he practiced.