National Cream-Filled Donut Day
If there was a holiday we ever wanted to celebrate, it would be this! Today you are encouraged to bite into one of these lovely cream-filled donuts! Yum! Whether you like vanilla, strawberry, cherry or chocolate, there will be a cream-filled donut for you!
Did you know that …
- The difference between Bavarian cream and Boston Cream is that Bavarian cream is more thicker and solid texture while Boston cream is more creamy.
- Bavarian cream is made with heavy cream and whipped cream.
- Boston cream mainly uses milk and eggs and is more like custard.
- Bavarian Kreme is has powdered sugar on the top.
- Boston Cream has a coating of chocolate on the top.
- Bavarian creams first appeared in the United States in Boston Cooking School cookbooks, by D. A. Lincoln, 1884, and by Fannie Merritt Farmer, 1896. The Fannie Farmer Cookbook offers a “Bavarian Cream.”
- During Halloween season Dunkin Donuts adds an orange swirl to their Boston Kremes making them become The Boston Screams.
- In 2003, the Boston Kreme became the official donut of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Senate and House of Representatives.
- The Boston Cream doughnut was made out of inspiration from the Boston cream pie.
- The Boston Cream Doughnut was created by chef M. Sanzian at Boston’s Parker House Hotel in 1856.
- Bismarks have a rectangular shape and sometimes have cream filling and sometimes have no filling or a jelly filling.
- An éclair is a long cake made out of choux pastry. This dessert is topped with milk chocolate and filled with white cream.
- It is believed that chocolate éclairs were invented by Marie-Antoine Carême, a pastry chef for French royalty.
- The first known recipe for the Chocolate éclair appeared in “The Boston Cooking-School Cook Book“ in 1884.
- A Long John is a bar-shaped, yeast risen pastry like a doughnut either coated entirely with glaze or top-coated with cake icing and if they have a filling are called, Filled Long Johns.
- In Chichester, UK bakers at The Swallow Bakery in North Street made am enormous 11ft 10in long chocolate éclair, containing eight pints of double cream, and a kilogram of chocolate-which sets the world record for the Biggest chocolate eclair.
- The fastest time to eat three chocolate éclairs is 18.02 seconds by Furious Pete, aka Peter Czerwinski (Canada), at MEATMarket in Covent Garden, London, UK, on 10 July 2013.
Cream-Filled Donut Recipes
- Strawberry Cream-Filled Donuts
- Vanilla Cream-Filled Donuts
- Boston Cream Doughnuts
- Cardamom-Cream-Filled Sugar Doughnuts
- Bavarian Cream Donuts
- Classic Chocolate Eclairs
- Whipped Cream Filled Donuts
- Melt in your Mouth Vanilla Custard Donuts
- Holland Cream Filling Recipe
- Chocolate Cream Filled Vanilla Sugar Doughnuts
- Brioche Doughnuts with Rich Vanilla Cream
- Cream Filled Donuts
Don’t forget to stop by our Gift Shop if you love all the Silly Daily Holidays
We have cards, t-shirts, key chains, magnets, coffee mugs and so much merch!