Happy January 24th!
We hope you all are having a good day! Today on Time for the Holidays we will be blogging about everything pertaining to January 24th. So read on if you want to learn about the day’s holidays and observances and the history behind them. Next we will talk about the day’s horoscope sign which is Aquarius, and it’s traits. Then we will move on to the day’s history and trivia such as historical events, inventions, celebrity birthdays, popular music and movies and so on. Hope you find something interesting and learn something new!
January 24th Holiday List
Here is the day’s list of today’s fun holidays! Today just happens to be many super yummy delicious holidays to celebrate! So whether you prefer a peanut butter sandwich, lobster and butter or an Eskimo pie, just dig in and start celebrating today!
- Beer Can Appreciation Day
On January 24th, 1935 the first beer can went on sale! The Gottfried Krueger Brewing Company, in partnership with the American Can Company, delivered 2,000 cans of Krueger’s Finest Beer and Krueger’s Cream Ale to faithful Krueger drinkers in Richmond, Virginia. You can celebrate by starting a beer can collection or maybe even,… drinking a beer!
- Belly Laugh Day
Today on January 24th you are encouraged to have a good belly laugh! Raise those endorphins and just feel good today! Find something silly to watch, or make a funny video to share with others! Every year on Belly Laugh Day I watch this video of my granddaughter Raya, hysterically laughing. ♥ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kedvHDLFb8Y
- Macintosh Computer Day
Macintosh Computer Day, celebrated on January 24th, celebrates the day in 1984 when the very first Macintosh computer, was introduced to the public.
- National “Just Do It” Day
If there is something you have been wanting to do but kinda putting it off, well today January 24th is the day to just do it! Why January 24th? Well, because someone took the time to make this day a holiday, so just do it!
- National Compliment Day
Today on January 244th you are urged to compliment somebody! Spread some positivity today and make someone feel good about themselves. This day was created by Kathy Chamberlin of Hopkinton, NH and Debby Hoffman of Concord, NH in 1998.
- National Lobster Thermidor Day
Lobster Thermidor is a creamy meal made with lobster meat that’s folded into a decadent egg yolk, mustard, cream, and cognac sauce. Here is a recipe from Allrecipes for you to try out: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/87386/lobster-thermidor/.
- National Eskimo Pie Patent Day
This day was created because on January 24th, 1922, Christian Kent Nelson of Onawa, Iowa, and business partner Russell C. Stover, obtained US patent number 1,404,539 for the “Edy’s Pie” (formerly “Eskimo Pie”) ice cream bar. It is important to note that since then they have changed the name to be culturally sensitive to Edy’s Pie.
- National Peanut Butter Day
Today on January 24th we celebrate a household staple known as peanut butter! So whether you make yourself a pb&j sandwich or some peanut butter cookies, make sure to enjoy some peanut butter today! Learn some fun facts about Peanut Butter here: https://timefortheholidays.net/happy-national-peanut-butter-day-january-24th/
- Talk Like a Grizzled Prospector Day
A grizzled prospector is said to be a person who searched for gold until their hair turned gray! If you want to see how one talks, then watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tavwzCkHZIM&t=4s.
Memes and Videos to Share on Social Media
Share Today’s Holidays on Social Media!
Ready for Valentine’s Day?
Sources for Holiday info are: History
January 24th Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean,
January 24th Trivia
Here is a collection of trivia, famous birthdays, historical events and other random information about January 24th.
- 1458 – Matthias Corvinus becomes King of Hungary.
- 1862 – Bucharest is proclaimed the capital of Romania.
- 1919 – The #1 movie was, “Shoulder Arms.”
- 1939 – The deadliest earthquake in Chilean history strikes Chillán, killing approximately 28,000 people.
- 1943 – Sharon Tate, American actress and model was born in , Dallas, TX.
- 1959 – The #1 song was, “Smoke Gets In Your Eyes,” by The Platters.
- 1964 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “There! I’ve Said It Again,” by Bobby Vinton.
- 1965 – Winston Churchill, English colonel and politician, Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, Nobel Prize laureate passes away in London, England at the age or 90.
- 1966 – The #1 movie was Doctor Zhivago.
- 1971 – Bill W., American activist, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous passes away from emphysema and pneumonia.
- 1972 – The #1 movie was, “The Hot Rock,” starring Robert Redford.
- 1974 – Ed Helms, American actor known for his role as Andy on the tv series, The Office, was born in Atlanta, GA.
- 1976 – The #1 song was, “Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You’re Going To),” by Diana Ross.
- 1981 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards was, “(Just Like) Starting Over,” by John Lennon.
- Monkey singer, 1981 Singer Davy Jones marries Anita Pollinger.
- 1984 – Apple Computer places the Macintosh personal computer on sale in the United States.
- 1986 – Mischa Barton, Film actress known for her role on the tv series, The O.C. was born in Hammersmith, London, United Kingdom.
- 1986 – L. Ron Hubbard, American religious (cult) leader and author, founded the Church of Scientology passed away a week after suffering a stroke.
- 1987 – Luis Suárez, professional Soccer player was born in Salto, Uruguay.
- 1989 – The #1 movie, was Rain Man starring Tom Cruise and Dustin Hoffman.
- 2000 – The #1 song on the Pop 40 Billboard was, “Smooth” by Santana Featuring Rob Thomas.
- 2003 – The United States Department of Homeland Security officially begins operation.
- 2004 – Actress Selma Blair married producer Ahmet Zappa at Carrie Fisher’s mansion in Beverly Hills, California.
- 2012 – The #1 movie was, “The Grey,” starring Liam Nieson.
Click on another Day!
Get a Calendar for this Year!