January 31st Holidays & Observances
Each and every day of the year is full of silly, fun, funny and quirky holidays that you probably never even heard of! Look through the January 31st holiday list and see if there is anything you would like to celebrate today! Whether you may want to try a new brussel sprout recipe or sip on some hot chocolate with the kids, see if there is anything below that grabs your attention!
- Appreciate Your Social Security Check Day
- Backwards Day
- Brandy Alexander Day
- Eat Brussel Sprouts Day
- Hell is Freezing Over Day
- Hug an Economist Day
- Inspire Your Heart with Art Day
- National Hot Chocolate Day
- Scotch Tape Day
Celebrate Hot Chocolate Day with these cute
Buttons & Stickers!
Adorable for a waitress, waiter, restaurant, bakery or coffee shop!
January 31st Zodiac Sign is Aquarius
- Date range: January 20 – February 18
- Element: Air,
- Quality: Fixed
- Color: Light-Blue, Silver
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 7, 11, 22, 29
- Personality Traits: Humanitarian, original, likes to be right, argumentative
- Famous Aquariuses; Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Aniston, Emma Roberts, Denise Richards,
Princess Charlene of Monaco, Shakira, Mischa Barton, Natalie Imbruglia, Ellen DeGeneres, Alicia Keys, Abraham Lincoln, Galileo Galilei, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Charles Darwin, Michael Jordan, James Dean.
Have you gotten your Valentine’s Day Gifts yet?
What do these Celebrities have in Common?
January 31st Trivia
- 1747 – The first venereal diseases clinic opens at London Lock Hospital.
- 1846 – After the Milwaukee Bridge War, Juneautown and Kilbourntown unify as the City of Milwaukee.
- 1865 – Confederate General Robert E. Lee becomes general-in-chief.
- 1919 – Jackie Robinson, American professional baseball player was born in Cairo, GA.
- 1930 – 3M begins marketing Scotch Tape.
- 1947 – Jonathan Banks, American actor was born in Washington, DC.
- 1949 – These Are My Children, the first television daytime soap opera, is broadcast by the NBC station in Chicago.
- 1961 – Mercury-Redstone 2: Ham the Chimp travels into outer space.
- 1970 – Minnie Driver, Actress was born in Marylebone, United Kingdom.
- 1970 – The #1 movie was, “MASH.”
- 1973 – Portia de Rossi, American-Australian model was born in Horsham, Australia.
- 1975 – The song, ” Please Mr. Postman,” by The Carpenters was the #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboards.
- 1977- Kerry Washington, American actress was born in The Bronx, New York City, NY.
- 1981 – Justin Timberlake, American singer-songwriter was born in Memphis, TN.
- 1986 – The #1 movie was, “Down and Out in Beverly Hills.”
- 1992 – The song, ” All 4 Love,” by Color Me Badd was the #1 song.
- 2000 – The song, “I Knew I Loved You,” by Savage Garden was #1 on the Hot 100 Billboard.
- 2012 – The Toyota Corolla is known as the best-selling car of all time. Selling over 37.5 million units.
- 2018 – Blue moon and a total lunar eclipse happen.
- 2020 – The US Senate voted yesterday against a motion to hear from witnesses at the Trump impeachment trial despite the fact that 75% of registered voters want to hear from the witnesses.
- 2021 – All of Former President Donald Trump’s lawyers in his impeachment defense quit.
Back to January Holidays