July 23rd Holidays, Observances and Awareness Days
Everyday is full of fun, silly and sometimes very serious holidays, observances and awareness days. Check out the list below to see if there is anything you’d like to celebrate or observe today!
- Auntie’s Day
Established by Melanie Notkin in 2009, Auntie’s Day is a time to celebrate the aunt or Godmother in your or your child’s life. Learn More Here
- Gorgeous Grandma Day
According to the Gorgeous Grandma website a gorgeous grandma is someone who:
~ Believes she has her whole life ahead of her, not her whole life behind her.
~ Wants to get the most out of every day of her life
~ Wants to thrive, not just survive
~ Cares for her mind and her body
~ Remains adaptable to life’s bittersweet as well as sweet
~ Cherishes herself as much as she cherishes her loved ones
~ Refuses to remain static – who is always open to learning, to new ideas, to new challenges and to new experiences.
~ Loves life – and lets everyone know it
- Hot Enough for Ya Day
Listed in the Farmer’s Almanac for July’s hot weather. See Here
- National Vanilla Ice Cream Day
President Thomas Jefferson loved vanilla ice cream! Jefferson produced a handwritten copy of a vanilla ice cream recipe in the 1780s, which is now housed at the Library of Congress. The Thomas Jefferson ice cream is also available at Mt. Rushmore in South Dakota. Learn more about National Vanilla Ice Cream Day here.
- International Yada, Yada, Yada Day
We all remember how famous the Seinfeld show titled, “Yada, Yada, Yada,” became in the 1990’s right? Well this term was also used by comedian Lenny Bruce also back in the 1940s. To celebate this day, rewatch the 153rd episode of Seinfeld, learn who Lenny Bruce is or yada, yada, yada…
- World Sjögren’s Day
World Sjogren’s Day commemorates the birthday of Henrik Sjogren, who first identified this disease in 1933, while bringing organizations across the world together to raise awareness about Sjogren’s. Learn more about Sjögren’s or donate to there fundraiser to raise money for research. Click Here
Things that Happened on July 23rd
- 685 John V begins his reign as Catholic Pope
- 1215 Frederick II crowned King of the Romans (King of the Germans) in Aachen
- 1253 Jews are expelled from Vienne France by order of Pope Innocent IV
- 1903 The Ford Motor Company sells its first car.
- 1982 Paul Wesley, from The Vampire Diaries. American actor, director, and producer was born.
- 1995 Comet Hale-Bopp is discovered and becomes visible to the naked eye nearly a year later
- 2015 NASA announces discovery of Kepler-452b by Kepler.
- 2017: Couple found frozen in Alps after 75 years Read CNN article here.