July 24th Holidays and Observances
Bet ya didn’t know that July 24th held so many holidays and observances, did ya? Well, each day of the year has several holidays that most people have never heard heard of, so we are here to show you that each day is worth celebrating. Skim through the list and see what might hold interest for you.
- Amelia Earhart Day: July 24th, National honors the achievements of the aviation pioneer Amelia Earhart on her birthday. Amelia Mary Earhart was born on July 24, 1897 Learn More about Amelia Earhart on her official website today.
- National Cousins Day: Growing up, we make so many fun memories with our cousins! So on July 24th show your appreciation and let your cousin know how much you love them!
- National Drive-Thru Day: Find a drive-thru today and tell everyone where you went using #NationalDriveThruDay. America’s first drive-thru burger chain, Jack in the Box, created National Drive-Thru Day to celebrate America’s love of convenience by car.
- National Tell an Old Joke Day: “Knock, Knock … Who’s there? Interrupting cow Interrupting c– MOO!
- National Tequila Day: You know how to celebrate this one! Make a drink, grab a lime and be responsible but have fun.
- Pioneer Day: This is an official holiday celebrated on July 24 in the U.S. state of Utah, commemorating the entry of Brigham Young and the first group of Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley.
Amelia Earhart Collectibles
AMELIA M. EARHART – FIRST DAY COVER SIGNED CO-SIGNED BY: THOMAS H. “DOC” KINKADE, SIR GEORGE HUBERT WILKINS
July 24th Horoscope Sign is Leo
Date range: July 23 – August 22
Color: Gold, Yellow, Orange
Lucky Numbers: 1, 3, 10, 19
Traits: Leos are compassionate, caring, warmhearted people but also be arrogant, self centered and stubborn.
Famous Leos: Jennifer Lopez, Barack Obama, Sandra Bullock, Daniel Radcliffe, Alfred Hitchcock, Ben Affleck, Mila Kunis. Shaun Mendes, Kylie Jenner, Cole Sprouse, Demi Lovato, Jennifer Lawrence, Tom Brady, Dua Lipa, Olivia Holt and Maia Mitchell, Paul Wesley, Chris Hemsworth
July 24th Trivia
- 1897 – Amelia Earhart, famous female pilot, was born in Atchison, KS.
- 1915 – The passenger ship SS Eastland capsizes while tied to a dock in the Chicago River killing a total of 844 passengers and crew.
- 1935 – The Dust Bowl heat wave reaches its peak, sending temperatures to 109 °F in Chicago and 104 °F in Milwaukee.
- 1949 – Michael Richards, American actor and comedian known for playing Kramer on Seinfeld was born.
- 1961 – The #1 song in the US was Tossin’ and Turnin’ by Bobby Lewis.
- 1969 – Apollo program: Apollo 11 lands down safely in the Pacific Ocean.
- 1969 – Jennifer Lopez was born in New York City.
- 1973 – The #1 movie in the US was Enter the Dragon.
- 1974 – Watergate scandal: The United States Supreme Court unanimously ruled that President Richard Nixon did not have the authority to withhold subpoenaed White House tapes and they order him to surrender the tapes to the Watergate special prosecutor.
- 1980 – The #1 song was, It’s Still Rock and Roll to Me by Billy Joel.
- 1985 – The #1 movie in the US was National Lampoon’s European Vacation.
- 1990 – Funny Inventions: Patent No. 6,681,419 was issued to Gary A. Glaser for a Wall-mountable back brush.
- 2014 – Air Algérie Flight 5017 loses contact with air traffic controllers 50 minutes after takeoff. It was travelling between Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso and Algiers. The wreckage is later found in Mali. All 116 people onboard are killed.
- 2020 – Coronavirus stats: Confirmed infected 1515.5M, Deaths 634K worldwide as Trump insists that children should go back to school or he threatens to cut off funding to schools who want to only teach virtually, yet he cancels GOP convention because it’s too dangerous with the spread of Coronavirus.
July Monthly Observances
- Bereaved Parents Month
- Bioterrorism/Disaster Education & Awareness Month
- Family Reunion Month
- Family Golf Month
- Freedom From Fear of Speaking Month
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Herbal/Prescription Awareness Month
- International Blondie and Deborah Harry Month
- International Group B Strep Awareness Month
- International Women with Alopecia Month
- International Zine Month
- National Anti-Boredom Month
- National Wheelchair Beautification Month
- National Black Family Month
- National Blueberry Month
- National Cell Phone Courtesy Month
- National Child-Centered Divorce Month
- National “Doghouse Repairs” Month
- National Grilling Month
- National Horseradish Month
- National Hot Dog Month
- National Ice Cream Month
- National Make A Difference to Children Month
- National Recreation & Parks Month
- National Share A Sunset With Your Lover Month
- Sandwich Generation Month
- Smart Irrigation Month
- Unlucky Month for weddings
- National Picnic Month
- Social Wellness Month Tour de France Month