Happy May 19th Everyone!
Happy Birthday if it’s your birthday today! If not, and you just want to learn more about today’s history, then scroll on down the page and hope you enjoy it!
May 19th Holidays, Observances and Awareness Days
Every day of the year is full of quirky, funny and sometimes serious holidays or awareness days. Look through the list for today and see if there is anything you would like to celebrate or support today!
- Boy’s Club Day
- Celebrate Your Elected Officials Day
- May Ray Day
- National Asian and Pacific Islander HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
- National Devil’s Food Cake Day
- National Frog Jumping Jubilee Day
- National Hepatitis Testing Day
- World IBD Day
May 19th Zodiac Sign is Taurus
Taurus is the second astrological sign in the present zodiac. The Sun is in the sign of Taurus.
Ruling planet: Venus
Zodiac quality: Fixed
Birthstones: Emerald, Diamond, Sapphire, Garnet, Rose quartz
Famous Tauruses: Dwayne Johnson, Queen Elizabeth II, Megan Fox, George Clooney, Adele, Mark Zuckerberg, Shakespeare, David Beckham, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge
All About May 19th
May 19th Trivia
- 1499 – Catherine of Aragon is married by proxy to Arthur, Prince of Wales. Catherine is 13 and Arthur is 12.
- 1535 – French explorer Jacques Cartier set sail for North America.
- 1536 – Anne Boleyn, the second wife of Henry VIII of England, is beheaded for adultery, treason, and incest.
- 1857 – The electric fire alarm system was patented by William F. Channing and Moses G. Farmer.
- 1917 – The #1 movie was, “A Romance of the Redwoods.”
- 1925 – Malcolm X, American minister was born in Omaha, NE.
- 1926 – Thomas Edison spoke on the radio for the first time.
- 1946 – André the Giant, French-American wrestler and actor was born in Coulommiers, France.
- 1948 – Grace Jones, Jamaican-American singer-songwriter, producer, and actress was born in Spanish Town, Jamaica.
- 1959 – Nicole Brown Simpson, American-German actor was born in Frankfurt, Germany.
- 1960 – The #1 movie was, “Sergeant Rutledge.”
- 1962 – Marilyn Monroe performed a sultry rendition of “Happy Birthday” for U.S. President John F. Kennedy.
- 1963 – The New York Post Sunday Magazine publishes Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Letter Frankfurt, Germany from Birmingham Jail.
- 1964 – The #1 song on the Adult Contemporary Billboard was, “Hello, Dolly!,” by Louis Armstrong And The All Stars.
- 1974 – Erno Rubik invented the puzzle which eventually became known as the Rubik’s Cube.
- 1984 – The #1 song on the Hot 100 Billboard was, “Hello,” by Lionel Richie.
- 1987 – The #1 movie was, “Beverly Hills Cop II,” starring Eddie Murphy.
- 1992 – Sam Smith, English singer-songwriter was born in London, United Kingdom.
- 2000 – The bones of the most complete and best-preserved Tyrannosaurus rex skeleton went on display in Chicago.
- 2003 – “JoJo” Siwa, teenage singer and dancer was born in Omaha, NE.
- 2005 – The movie,”Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith” brought in 50.0 million on its opening day.
- 2008 – The #1 movie was, “Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.”
- 2013 – The #1 song on the Adult Top 40 Billboard was, “Just Give Me A Reason,” by P!nk Featuring Nate Ruess.
- 2016 – An EgyptAir jet carrying 66 passengers and crew disappeared from radar over the Mediterranean Sea and crashed,
- 2016 – Nigerian school girl found two years after Boko Haram kidnapping with four month old baby and man claiming to be her husband.
- 2017 – Ousted Fox News chief Roger Ailes dies at 77.
Father’s Day Gifts & Cards
Stop by the May Holiday Gift Shop