April 7th is National Beer Day
Here are some facts about National Beer Day.
- National Beer Day is an unofficial holiday in the United States celebrated every year on April 7.
- National Beer Day is celebrated on April 7th because in 1933 it was the first day in 13 years, that people could legally buy, sell, and drink beer.
- National Beer Day is a celebration of the Cullen–Harrison Act being signed into law by President Franklin D. Roosevelt on March 22, 1933.
- When Roosevelt signed the legislation, he made his famous remark, “I think this would be a good time for a beer.”
- National Beer Day was first created in 2009 by Justin Smith of Richmond, VA.
How to Celebrate?
- Drink a beer!
- Buy someone else a beer!
- Learn how to make your own beer with a beer making kit.
- Start a Beer Can Collection!