All About September 28th
Holidays, Horoscope and Trivia
Click on a holiday to learn more about why they celebrate that on today. Maybe you will find something you would like to celebrate or observe today! Some are fun, some are silly and some are for an important cause. Tell us in the comments below your favorite!
- Fish Tank Floorshow Night
- Hug a Vegetarian Day
- International Right to Know Day
- National Drink Beer Day
- National Good Neighbor Day
- National Strawberry Cream Pie Day
- Read a Child a Book You Like Day
- Silver Lining Day
- World Rabies Day
September 28th Horoscope is Libra
- Date range: September 23 – October 22
- Element: Air
- Quality: Cardinal
- Color: Pink, Green
- Ruler: Venus
- Lucky Numbers: 4, 6, 13, 15, 24
- Personality Traits: Cooperative, diplomatic, gracious, stable, common sense, social but upsets easily, holds grudges, plays the victim
- Famous Libras: Neve Cambell, Kate Winslet, Jesse Eisenberg, Sigourney Weaver, Hugh Jackman, Matt Damon, Naomi Watts, Will Smith, Viggo Mortenson, Zac Effron, Gwyneth Paltrow, Clive Owen, Hillary Duff, Tim Robbins, John Krasinski, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Alicia Silverstone, Susan Surandon, Eminem, Elisabeth Shue, Naomi Watts, Mira Sorvino.
September 28th Trivia, Birthdays, News and Historical Events
- 1895 – Louis Pasteur, French chemist, microbiologist passes away.
- 1907 – Bhagat Singh, Indian activist was born in Banga, Pakistan.
- 1924 – First Flight Around the world was completed when Chicago and New Orleans (plane nicknames) touched down in Seattle.
- 1928 – Alexander Fleming notices a bacteria-killing mold growing in his laboratory, discovering what later became known as penicillin.
- 1934 – Brigitte Bardot, French actress, singer was born in Paris, France.
- 1941 – Ted Williams achieves a .406 batting average for the season, and becomes the last major league baseball player to bat .400 or better.
- 1967 – Mira Sorvino, American actress was born in New York City, NY.
- 1968 – Naomi Watts, Actress was born in Shoreham, United Kingdom.
- 1978 – Pope John Paul I, passes away.
- 1979 – Bam Margera, American skateboarder and known for his role on MTV’s Jackass, was born in West Chester, PA.
- 1980 – Carl Sagan’s 13-episode science television documentary series was broadcast on Public Broadcasting Service.
- 1987 – Hilary Duff, American actress was born in Houston, Texas.
- 1991 – Miles Davis, American trumpet player, composer, bandleader passes away.
- 2008 – Falcon 1, the first privately supported and funded spacecraft, was launched into space on its fourth attempt by SpaceX.
See a Full List of September Holidays