Using Apothecary Bottles and Mason Jars
to Decorate your Home
It is amazing all the different looks and feels you can get just by using decorative bottles and jars. Here are some amazing way you can use glass bottles and jars.
- You can put them in windows so the sun shines through highlighting their vibrant colors, making your house look beachy.
- You can place them decoratively on a shelf between pictures adding to a vintage look.
- They can be hung throughout the garden to give splashes of light as the sun hits the glass just right.
- Paint them to give them the shabby chic layered feeling!
- Attach them to wood and put flowers in them!
- Use them as vases.
- Put a candle in a mason jar and light up your porch, back yard!
- Use them as decorations for your wedding as flower vases or candle holders.
Martha’s Vineyard Beach House
This house is in Martha’s Vineyard. It has the apothecary bottles lining the window to give it that bright yet old fashioned beachy feeling.
Wine Bottle Centerpiece
Look at this lovely blog’s idea of using painted wine bottles for a centerpiece.
Clear Jars in Windows
String of Light lit up Mason Jars
Painted Liquor & Wine Bottles Ring Toss
Paint glass bottles with layers of colors to make a shabby chic DIY Ring Toss Game.
See Full Instructions Here
Natutical Bottle Decor Centerpiece
Get this lovely beach house look by using bottles in blue and green hues. See More ideas like this on www.younghouselove.com
Recycled Glass Bottles for Flower Vases
Don’t throw away those pretty bottles, refurbish them and use them as pretty flower vases as seen here on www.digsdigs.com.
Whisky Bottles on a Shelf
Do you want a rustic vintage look? Take old liquor bottles or new ones and rub wet tea bags across the labels to get this old found on the sea shore look. Found on www.digsdigs.com.
Mason Jar Light
Check out this awesome light made with old mason jars by www.diynetwork.com. what a great rustic romantic ambiance this lightly lit mason jar light gives off.
Shabby Chic or Boho Chic Look
This can be accomplished by Mod Podging on old vintage photos and adding some lace and buttons to your bottles!
Beautiful Hanging Flower Vases
You can buy these at this lovely shop: PineknobsAndCrickets
Refurbished Jack Daniels Bottle
Check out all the awesome items from this shop: Rehabulous
Cheese Dish made out of Melted Bottles
Another great idea from Rehabulous! This shop is a must stop!
Country “Home” Floral Mason Jar
Add the country touch to your home with this adorable “Home” wood plaque and mason jar floral vase. Stop by Dobson Decor to see more of their lovely crafts!